Ruin Surselva

Burgruine Marmarola, Brigels


Show all 5 images

The tower foundations, which are located on an elevation east of the village center of Brigels, were mentioned in a document in 1505.


The tower foundations are located on a flat elevation east of the village center of Brigels, directly on the old road from Brigels to Waltensburg. It has a rectangular floor plan of about 7.5 by 8 meters. It consists of an irregular masonry of quarry stones and boulders. Good, unbossed cornerstones. The inner jacket is spilled. It is probably the Meier tower of the monastery Disentis. The only documentary mention in 1505, when the landman of Disentis sat in court near Brigels "by dem thurn". Whether the "quidam de Brigls" mentioned in 1330 may be associated with the tower remains open.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)


Responsible for this content Surselva Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.