Church San Bernardino Mesolcina Calanca
Chiesa Madonna della Neve (Monticello)
Show all 3 images
The church is dedicated to Our Lady of the Snow.
Patronal celebrated on the occasion of candlemas (purification of Mary - 2 February) and ritual candles are blessed. The ceremony was moved from August 5, probably the men at that time were in the mountains or outside the country for work. The documents in the parish archive attest to the consecration of the church on 1. December 1513. The expansion of the chapel oriented from north to south began in 1621 and lasted until over the middle of that century, as attested by the date 1657 above the entrance door. The bell tower was added only in the beginning of the nineteenth century.
Responsible for this content Ente Turistico Regionale del Moesano San Bernardino, Mesolcina, Calanca.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.