Folklore Engadin St. Moritz
Show all 4 images
Built for Captain Ulrich Albertini between 1642 and 1649, the Chesa Merleda is one of the most impressive houses in Graubünden. The building’s size, uniform design and somewhat isolated setting make a dramatic impression. The stable front with arcades of rounded arches and the gables decorated with merlons are as striking as the residential part of the house, oriented towards the central junction in the village. The juxtaposition of new and old elements creates an interesting interplay – at the points where they meet and, for example, where old walls can be glimpsed through the newer shell. In 1999 the building was extended to create holiday accommodation for two families.
No information available
Responsible for this content Engadin St. Moritz Tourismus AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.