Kapelle Sogn Carli (Sogn Carlo Borromeo), Morissen
Show all 3 images
In the vernacular, the chapel Sogn Carlo Borromeo is only called Sogn Carli. It stands on a small forest clearing in the forest of the same name above Morissen. It is believed that it was built in the second half of the 17th century.
On a small clearing in the forest above Morissen stands the small chapel Sogn Carli. It was probably built in the second half of the 17th century. The bell yoke was built on the occasion of the renovation work of 1940 - 41 and attached to it an old bell from the chapel Sogn Roc in Vella.
Keys available from Beatice Koch, Tel. 081 931 10 71
Description: On the eastern slope of the Piz Mundaun, on the old path from Morissen to Obersaxen. Nave and retracted, flat-closed choir facing northwest, both with wooden ceilings. Semi-circular choir arch. West entrance.
Murals In the ship the Last Judgement with St. Michael as a soul-shifter. Next to it Is Our Lady with an unknown alliance coat of arms.
On the way to S. Carlo, small shrine.
(Recorded by: Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.