Show all 3 images
Climbing or caving? The Gauablick Cave via ferrata offers the ideal 2-in-1 solution. The intermediate via ferrata on the north side of the Sulzfluh has a special highlight: In the middle of the via ferrata, you can immerse yourself in the world of speleologists in the 350 m long Gauablick cave. Don't forget your headlamp! Back in daylight, steeper, bracketed and easier passages lead to the exit.
Exit at 2225 m a.s.l.
exit on the Karrenfeld, 2440 m a.s.l.
K3, B/C (quite difficult)
To the via ferrata scale
The key point (C) is a small overhang above the cave. Otherwise, the route leads over well-secured slabs and some steep pillars.
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing helmet
- Mountain or hiking boots
- Non-slip gloves or gardening gloves
When equipping, care must be taken to ensure that the via ferrata set and harness are suitable for the weight of the child. Always secure the child in case of uncertainty.
- from St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) via Partnunsee through the Gemstobel, then through Im Rachen about 4.5 hours.
- from Carschinahütte through the Gemstobel, then through Im Rachen about 3 hours.
- from Tilisunahütte over the Karrenfelder, then through Im Rachen about 2 hours.
TIP: For additional climbing time, experienced via ferrata walkers with good physical condition can combine with the other via ferratas of the Sulzfluh (<a href="https://www.praettigau.info/Aktivitaeten/Sommer/Klettern/Klettersteige/Familien-Klettersteig" target="_blank">Family via ferrata Partnunblick, via ferrata Partnunblick, Via ferrata Sulzfluh).
Sulzfluh 2817 m above sea level, during the ascent about 20 min. (117 hm) via marked hiking trail
- via the Karrenfelder to the Tilisunahütte, via the Tilisunafürggli to St. Antönien Garstett (parking lot 6) about 2.5 hours. via
- the Karrenfelder via Grüenfürggli to St. Antönien Garstell (parking lot 6) about 2.5 hours.
- through Gemstobel via Partnunsee to St. Antönien Garstett (parking 6 about 2.5 hours.
St. Antönien is easily accessible by public transport. Continue by post bus to St. Antönien Rüti or by Bus Alpin to Partnun Alpenrösli.
If you arrive with your private car, please note the parking regulations of St. Antönien. The use of the public car parks in St. Antönien is subject to a fee (see signage on site). Tickets up to a maximum of 21 days can be purchased at the parking machines. Last parking space without a permanent parking card is No. 6; the Partnun car park may only be used with half-year and annual passes.
Manfred Kessler and Leander Bitschnau, built in 2006.
We recommend hiring a patented mountain guide for the ascent. All ascents lead over marked mountain hiking trails.
- Walk the via ferrata only with the necessary experience
- For a safe ascent, good physical condition, surefootedness and a head for heights are prerequisites.
- Appropriate equipment is mandatory. Harness, via ferrata set, helmet, good footwear, suitable clothing and gloves are essential.
- Entry only in stable weather. During thunderstorms, climbing the via ferrata is life-threatening.
- Do not cause rockfall. Respect flora and fauna. Do not leave any waste.
- Any inspection is at your own risk.
Responsible for this content Prättigau Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.