Industrial monument Surselva
Lumbrein Power Station
The Lumbrein power plant started production in 1919. The electrification of timber transport from Silgin to Lumbrein has been one of the main drivers of building its own power plant. The headquarters with all the control was located in Mulin. Until 1946, only the municipality of Lumbrein was connected to the electricity grid. It was not until 1946 that the municipality of Vrin was connected to the EW Lumbrein grid and supplied with electrical energy for the first time.
In 1979, the new headquarters in Schanaus-Sut was established. With a new pressure line and more drop height, in-house production can be massively increased. The old headquarters in Mulin was used from then on and still today as a transformer and measuring station, command and distribution center, as well as as a control system for the entire operation. In 1992, a new and more modern turbine with more power was installed in Schanaus-Sut, resulting in a further increase in in-house production.
Since 2011, EW Lumbrein has also been producing electricity via its own photovoltaic system. It is located on the Alp Staviala Vedra at 2'000 m.a.s..M. and has a size of 300m2.
(Text Societad Ovra electrica Lumbrein)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.