Village Val Surses Savognin Bivio
Until 31 December 2014, Mon was an independent municipality. On 1 January 2015 it merged with the municipalities Alvaneu, Alvaschein, Brienz/Brinzauls, Stierva, Surava and Tiefencastel to form the new municipality Albula/Alvra.
Mon is a village in the municipality of Albula/Alvra in the Swiss canton of Graubünden.
Farms form the core of the village with Romanesque character. The small community has two large churches with high cultural value. From Mon you have a wonderful view over the Albula Valley, towards Lenzerheide and the Surses.
The parish church, built in 1643, is dedicated to St. Francis and stands in the middle of the village. Seventy meters below the village stands the over 1000-year-old church of St. Cosmas and Damian, which was first mentioned in the imperial urbar around 850, at the time of Ludwig. It is one of the most remarkable early Romanesque churches in Switzerland
By train/bus: from Zurich to Chur with the SBB, then with the Rhaetian Railway or the Postbus to Tiefencastel and then with the Postbus to Mon.
By car: from Basel - Zurich via Chur-Thusis to Tiefencastel and on to Mon.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.