Ruine Frauenberg, Ruschein
Show all 3 images
Castle ruins on a wide ridge southwest of the Georgskirche von Ruschein. Impressive remains of the surrounding wall have been preserved. The castle could have been built between the 11th and 13th centuries and was the ancestral seat of the Lords of Frauenberg, who were first attested in 1257. Henry II, the last male Frauenberg, became known as a minstrel (Manessische Liederhandschrift) and died in 1305 at Gutenberg Castle in Liechtenstein. For a long time, Frauenberg was mistakenly confused with Frundsberg (whose seat was in Mindelheim, Germany), and even eminent historians were mistaken.
Public group tours from 2 persons, Tel. 081 925 25 56 / 079 216 08 76 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Captured by Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.