Recipe Culinary speciality
Graubünden's most famous soup is probably the Bündner barley soup, which is well known far beyond the state border.
Ingredients for about 4 People
- 100 g coarse or medium barley
- 2 liters of water
- 40 g of butter
- 2 cubes of meat bouillon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 300 g pork smoked
- 200 g Bündnerfleisch
- 150 g bacon
- 1 leek stalk
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 celery
- 200 ml of cream
- 1 onion
- 150 g of beans
- Peel celery and carrots and cut into small cubes or strips.
- Cut off the thick ribs from the cabbage and cut it into strips, slice the leek stalks.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and steam the celery and cabbage in it.
- Add the barley, leek, beans, onion and about 2 liters of water.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Cut the meat into cubes and add to the soup and let it steep for another half hour.
- After the cooking time, season with salt and pepper from the mill and add a little cream just before serving.