Stuffed peppers with couscous
Simple and fast to prepare, easy to pack and quickly ready to enjoy – these stuffed peppers are ideal for a barbecue trip!
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 red or yellow peppers
- 200g of couscous
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- Approximately 15 black olives
- 1 spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh mint
- Olive oil
- 500ml vegetable broth
- ½ lemon
Preparation at home (30 minutes)
- Pour 400ml of hot vegetable broth onto the couscous and let it soak for about 5 minutes until all liquid is soaked up. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and stalk. Cover a baking tray or gratin dish with olive oil and bake peppers for 15 minutes.
- Cut the courgettes into cubes, finely chop the spring onions and fry these together with a little oil in a frying pan until the onions turn glassy. Increase the heat, press garlic into the pan and fry together for a short while. Deglaze with the remaining vegetable broth and remove from stove after 2 minutes.
- Chop up mint, tomatoes and olives into small pieces and, together with the steamed vegetables, add these to the swelled couscous. To finish, add salt, pepper, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fill the peperoni halves with the finished couscous. For best results, coat the peppers with olive oil and pack in aluminium foil.
Preparation on the grill (10 minutes)
- Take the stuffed peppers out of the aluminium foil and place them with the peal facing downwards onto the grill. After 10 minutes they should be nicely grilled and ready to enjoy.