Kirchen und Kapellenwanderung Suraua, Val Lumnezia

Medium
8.2 km
2:45 h
380 mhd
381 mhd
Suraua
Kapelle Sogn Carlo Borromeo

Show all 14 images

Chordecke

As different as the small chapels and churches of Suraua are, they all have one thing in common: in all of them there are beautiful wall and ceiling paintings by well-known and lesser-known artists. Whether Hans Ardüser, Johann Jakob Rieg, Fridolin Eggert or Hans Jakob Greutter, all are represented.

Another highlight of the hike is the crossing of the suspension bridge over the Val da Tersnaus.

Technique /6
Fitness 3/6
Highest Point  1175 m
Lowest Point  862 m
Best Season
Jan
Feb
Mär
Apr
Mai
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Okt
Nov
Dez
Start
Uors
Destination
Uors
Coordinates
46.701035, 9.183228

Details

Description

At the beginning of the hike is the small chapel Sogn Carlo Boromeo in Uors. The interior of the chapel was painted in 1616 by Hans Jakob Greutter.

After the visit, the hike begins. Over the old road it goes down to the Valserrhein, it follows a small ascent up to the castle hill with the church Sogn Luregn. The castle has disappeared, only the tower is still standing and has served as a church tower since 1515. Also in this church there are paintings by Hans Jakob Greutter. The rocky peak on which the Sogn Luregn church stands is a powerful place, especially in the church powerful energies can be felt.

Continue to Surcasti to the small chapel Sogn Giusep which has already been the victim of a fire twice. A special feature is the glazed niche on the left choir wall with the Mary with the Child dressed in valuable brocade.

Over the arch bridge you return to Uors and follow the main road towards Vals. After about 200 m, the hiking trail branches off to the left at the small Heiligennische in the direction of Tersnaus. In Tersnaus, the hometown of the mountain bike world champion Nino Schurter stands the church Sogn Balun e Sontga Madleina. In the church you will find works by the Reformed itinerant painter Hans Ardüser and the Catholic painters Hans Jakob Greutter and Fridolin Eggert.

At the upper edge of the village, a dirt road leads to the 66-metre-long and 34-metre-high suspension bridge over the Val da Tersnaus. After the bridge, follow the hiking trail up to Runs and on to Camuns to Sogn Gion Church. From the church Sogn Gion you have a wonderful view of the whole Val Lumnezia. The ceiling painting in the middle of the nave vault of the church is by Johann Jakob Rieg from 1696.

The same path leads back towards the suspension bridge. Shortly before the bridge, the hiking trail branches off down to Uors.

Except for the church Sogn Luregn in Surcasti, all churches and chapels are open from 09.00 to 17.00 o'clock. The key for the Kirch Sogn Luregn can be obtained from Pius Derungs, Tel 081 931 14 46 or Simon Derungs 077 477 83 61/081 931 17 81. Please inquire early.

Geheimtipp

At the Valserrein between Uors and the castle hill as well as in Tersnaus at the entrance to the suspension bridge there is a fireplace for pausing and grilling.

On the upper edge of the village of Surcasti, in the middle of a meadow, lies a panoramic menhir that is as massive as it is magnificent. According to the Research Centre for Places of Power in Switzerland, the panorama menhir is the middle stone of a large, supra-regional stone circle.

Ausrüstung

Good hiking boots with good profile or trekking shoes, weather-adapted clothing (rain jacket), drink, ev. Meals, ev. Hiking poles.

Directions

Uors - Surcasti - Uors - Tersnaus - Runs - Camuns - Uors

Directions

Public Transport

Postbus line 90.431 Ilanz - Vals, stop Uors

Anreise Information

Via Chur A3/A13 via Flims to Ilanz. From Ilanz head towards Vals.

From Vella via Cumbel and Peiden to Uors.

Parken

Parking at the schoolhouse in Uors.

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.