Nationalpark Bike-Marathon: S-chanf – Scuol [SchweizMobil-Nr. 444.4]
Show all 7 images
The fourth and last stage of the National Park Bike Tour along the Inn from the Upper to the Lower Engadine to Scuol
This is the "easiest" stage of Route 444 in terms of trail technology. It initially leads steadily to the right of the Inn, several ascending and descending to Zernez and on to Susch and Lavin. After crossing the Inn at Ardez follows the long but steady and pleasantly steep ascent to Guarda at 1653 m above sea level. Schellen-Ursli's home is sun-drenched on a terrace and invites you to linger. Until Bos-cha the road runs flat, followed by a short descent towards Ardez. Ardez is bypassed above before the last climb over the ruins of Chanoua, past the valley entrance to Val Tasna to Ftan, is tackled. You can regularly enjoy the wide view over Tarasp and Scuol to the Lower Engadine Dolomites. The final descent from Ftan to Scuol is sometimes a bit steep and requires some caution.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts. This tour does not place any special demands on driving safety and technical skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency number
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers.The Graubünden mountain bike routes run to a large extent on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have priority.
This route is part of the four-day circumnavigation of the national park. The «National Park Bike Tour» can be booked in two to four stages with organised luggage transport as a Pauchal offer. For more information, see engadin.com/bike-pauschalen
Helmet, gloves, good footwear, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, bandages.
S-chanf - Brail - Zernez - Susch - Lavin - Ardez - Guarda - Bos-cha - Ftan - Scuol
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Lower Engadine) hourly to S-chanf
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27 towards St. Moritz or over the Julier Pass to St. Moritz and Zernez
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
S-chanf is located directly on the Engadiner Strasse H27 (25 minutes driving time from Vereina Südportal)
- Chargeable, public parking at the start and at the destination.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.