Orte der Magie - Vattiz/Degen
Show all 6 images
The sacred landscape in and around the villages of Degen and Vattiz immediately catches the eye. In addition to their religious importance, the sacred buildings also have great significance as places of strength and worship.
In the Val Lumnezia you will find many powerful, powerful places. The hike takes you from power place to power place. Perhaps you feel the different energy qualities or even find long-sought answers to certain questions.
From the post bus stop, the road leads downhill to the fountain, where two bowl stones (16th) and a millstone are walled in. South of it stands the octagonal chapel of Sontgaclau e Sogn Valentin (17th). Through meadows and fields it goes down to Degen. On a hill on the outskirts of the village stands the small chapel Sogn Vetger (18th). The parish church of Nossadunna (19th) and the rectory with the lovely garden form an oasis of peace. From the village centre, take the turnoff to the southern outskirts of the village. On the right it goes to Crap Malèe, the devil's stone (22nd) which impresses with its black color. Back to the starting point, turn left to the viewpoint Turacha (21st).
16. During the widening of the road between 1970 and 1980, a grinding stone came to light. This has been integrated into the street wall together with two large bowl stones. It is believed that the large shells of the two stones originally served as suspension devices for the axis of a water wheel.
17. This octagonal church with its hexagonal tower stands out architecturally from the other religious buildings of Val Lumnezia for its oval shape.
18. The powerful chapel of Sogn Vetger was part of the parish of Fraissen and is located on a moraine threshold from the Ice Age.
19. The church with almost dried up spring on the old place of worship is dedicated to Nossadunna, Our Lady Mary. Be inspired by the magic and power of the pre-Christian and Christian place of worship and the seven holy women and their symbols.
21. In the past, Degen was of regional transport policy and cultural importance for centuries. On this flat, elevated square with its grassy ruins once stood the ancestral castle of the episcopal ministeriales of Blumenthal, who controlled and secured the paths.
22. The large boulder Crap Malèe, devil's stone, stands out with its black colour, its apple shape and with intense, uplifting energies. The lime shell stone has a legendary past.
In cooperation with Lumnezia Turissem, the Swiss Power Centres Research Centre tested 66 special places in the region and documented them in 12 hiking routes. Information about the routes can be found in the book "Places of Magic", which is available at the tourist office Vella.
From Turatscha you can walk past Crap dils Morts down to Glenner. A small bridge leads to the main road to Uours and Surcasti. The descent is partly rope and is only suitable for sure-footed hikers. The whole slope can be perceived as an active slide zone.
Refreshments: Vattiz, Degen (not always open)
Good hiking boots with good profile or trekking shoes, weather-adapted clothing (rain jacket), drink, ev. Hiking poles.
Vattiz - Épée
Postbus line 90.441 Ilanz - Vrin, stop Vattiz
Return: Postbus line 90.444 Degen - Vella and on with Postbus line 90.441 Ilanz - Vrin
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.