This ensures that the Rhaetian Railway is sustainable thanks to 100 percent hydropower. It is the hydroelectric power stations in Valposchiavo that supply the electricity for the operation of the railways. In the course of the extension of the Bernina Railway from Pontresina to Poschiavo in 1910, the Ospizio Bernina and the Bernina Hospice, then still named on German, were built. The architect was Nicolaus Hartmann, the son of the architect of the same name and also well-known, who influenced the Engadine architecturally with his buildings. In addition to the Ospizio Bernina and the station building of alp Grüm, he also designed the Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Samedan, the Museo Segantini in St. Moritz, as well as several hotels, station and administration buildings.
Responsible for this content Valposchiavo Turismo.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.