Show all 7 images
Carved through the massive cliffs thousands of years ago by glacial ice and the waters of the Rhine (Hinterrhein), the Viamala Canyon still contains living evidence of its fascinating history for you to discover today. Well worth a visit, even in bad weather!
- Visitor centre in the heart of the Gorge
- Truly incredible natural monument
- 359 step staircase to the canyon centre
- Millennia-old swirl potholes
- Up to 300 m high sheer cliffs
- Spectacular bridge constructions
Group Guided Tours*
Available according to individual requirements when booked in advance.
Duration: approx. 1 hour. Max. 30 people per guide.
Price: CHF 120.00 excl. entrance ticket.
*Payment in cash (CHF or EUR).
Individual Ticket Prices*
Adults CHF 6.00, Children (aged 6 - 16) CHF 4.00
Group Ticket Prices (10 or more people)*
Adults CHF 4.00, Children (aged 6 - 16) CHF 3.00
*Payment in cash (CHF or EUR) or with all common electronic payment methods
The Viamala Gorge is open from 1 April to 1 November 2020 as follows:
1 April - 30 September:
daily 8 am - 7 pm
1 October - 1 November:
daily 9 am - 6 pm
How to get there by public Transport / PostAuto
Get off at the «Zillis, Viamala-Schlucht» bus stop
How to get there by road
- from the north take the A13 / E43 towards San Bernardino, exit at junction 23, signposted «Viamala P»
- from the south take the A13 / E43 towards Thusis, exit at junction 25, signposted «Zillis Viamala»
Limited parking available at the visitor centre.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.