Nature Trail Bergün Filisur

FiliTour Nr. 11: Hof Streglia

Der Hof Streglia ist einer der letzten beiden Bauernhöfe im Dorfkern Filisur.
Hof Streglia

Show all 8 images

Die Inschrift auf der Giebelfassade ist Programm auf dem Hof Streglia.
FiliTour No. 11: Streglia Farm


A room full of books – the parish library

From 1650 to 1833, the house belonged to the Leonhardi parish family from Graubünden. Johannes Christian Leonhardi, born in 1671, was one of the most publish-loving Graubünden theologians of the 17th and 18th centuries. He is said to have written in German, Romansh, English and Italian. Today, the Leonhardi family can still be found in the US state of Colorado, where his descendants emigrated.

In 1833 the house became the property of the Salis-Florinett family. Father Salis was also a farmer and responsible for the breeding bull, which as a parish bull covered all the cows in the village. 

In 1920, the great-uncle of the current owner bought the house. On the upper floor he found a room full of books from the years 1590 to 1812, the Salian parish library. The supposedly old junk was disposed of, only about 60 books escaped destruction. Among other things, a valuable Engadine Bible from 1743 was saved.

In the audio, farmer Wolfgang Schutz talks about his work and the advantages and disadvantages of a farm in the middle of the village. The audio file can be found at the back of the pictures.  

Audio Guide

Hof Streglia


FiliTour Nr. 11: Hof Streglia

Dorfstr. 59, 7477 Filisur

Responsible for this content: Graubünden Ferien.
This content has been translated automatically.