Mountain hut Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Alp Urschai - 2,500 years before our time, this is a prime example of the development of alpine construction. Consisting of a pen, a shearing hut and a chalet, this alp was used early on. The Schermen was still a stable without walls, the chalet dates back to 1787, when there was a colourful hustle and bustle on the alp with 800 sheep, 130 cows and three dozen mesen. From the 20th century onwards, the alp was transformed into a young cattle ranch, where horses now also summered. These were used for transport just like oxen.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Paid parking in Scuol or Ftan
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.