Ruin Viamala

Cagliatscha castle ruins

Die Burgruine Cagliatscha im Winter
Die Burgruine Cagliatscha im Frühling

Show all 4 images

Die Burgruine Cagliatscha hoch über dem Schams

Striking ruined tower between Clugin and Andeer, on a rocky spur on the left side of the Schams valley.


The castle plateau is bordered by a moat to the west. The castle was probably built around 1266 by local servants of the barons of Vaz, but there are no written records. It was probably destroyed during the Schamser feud of 1451/52. In 1983/84, the ruins were secured by the Domleschg and Graubünden Castle Associations.

Opening hours

The castle ruins are open to the public.


Responsible for this content: Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.