Chapel Surselva

Kapelle St. Jakob Misanenga, Obersaxen

Kapelle St. Jakob, Obersaxen
Kapelle St. Jakob, Obersaxen

The small chapel is located on the road between Misanenga and Miraniga. It was built in 1617.

Kapelle St. Jakob Misanenga, Obersaxen

7134 Obersaxen


The building: The chapel was built in 1617. The north-east facing building is equipped with a wooden hipped ceiling. The roof rider the same as in Miraniga. Entrance tapered and chamfered. On a panel above the door is the building inscription 1617. Simple altar, same kind as in Canterdu. Coarse, carved Rococo antependium.
Bells with inscriptions, 1617.Every year on St.
James' Day, the parishioners went in procession to this chapel.

(Recorded by: Regiun Surselva)


Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.