Commercial Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Show all 9 images
Giarsun 130B, 7545 Guarda
In the show smithy with public canteen and exhibition, visitors experience forging and locksmithing at first hand. In 2002, Thomas Lampert brought the old, listed and gently renovated forge in Guarda back to life. Already there, guests could watch the craftsmen and women. Much has changed since then: New workshops have been permanently sought, existing rooms have been expanded and converted and used as temporary production facilities. The blacksmith's workshop in Giarsun, a new building by Urs Padrun that was awarded a prize by "Gute Bauten Graubünden" (Good Buildings Grisons) and blends in perfectly with the existing townscape, now brings together all these provisional facilities and gives visitors a deeper insight into this craft with fire, water, air and coal.
Prices and further information can be found at lampert-guarda.ch
Opening hours and further information can be found at: lampert-guarda.ch
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Guarda (station)
- From the station it is a 7-minute walk in the direction of Giarsun
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Free parking directly in front of the building
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.