With the Reformation around 1524, the church was converted into a sober sermon hall. The whitewashed frescoes from the late Middle Ages have been uncovered again today and are much admired.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
At the end of the massive Rhine Gorge you will find the Wackenau viewing platform. It is named after the ruins above it. It can be reached via Trin Station or Bonaduz. The observation deck is accessible from May to October.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
First mentioned under Abbot von Castelberg in 1581. The chapel, which was consecrated in 1584, was built by the master builder of Disentis Abbey. No parts of this building can be traced. The new church was consecrated in 1656 and completed in 1658. The Antonius Chapel was built before 1724.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
The chapel in an open field and without a cemetery is remarkable in many respects. Four of the famous artists who worked in the area have left their mark. The chapel is not open to the public.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}