The castle ruin stands on a small moraine hill just below the cantonal road from Chur to Lenzerheide and can be easily seen and reached from the village of Malix.
Still, the tower and parts of the associated palace can be seen. The age determinations at the wood beam remainders resulted in the years around 1215 as construction time.
The castle was broken in the Swabian War on March 5, 1499 by the Grisons and burned out.
In order to secure and preserve the castle ruins, the masonry crowns and parts of the masonry were restored during the years 2008 - 2012, making the surroundings a popular public meeting place.
Further details on the history can be found in the information board created in 2017 at the castle.