Kesch Hütte via Bergün - Val Tuors - Chants
This access to the Keschhütte is the long option. But all the more worthwhile through the beautiful Val Tuors. This tour is more suitable in spring, as the avalanche situation quickly becomes critical in mid-winter.
There is a parking lot at Plan Tizolas. If you arrive by public transport, you have to calculate a 30-minute walk to the starting point of the tour or order the local transport service Mountain Tours under Tel. 078 680 35 00
From Bergün / Bravuogn (1364 m) on the road (cleared in winter to curve P. 1473) into Val Tuors to Chants (1823 m). Continue on the Alpweg to the southeast and at P. 1833 over the bridge, then through the forest to P. 1951. Continue east to the cottage.
Tour description Vital Eggenberger / SAC tour portal
- Ski helmet
- Sports glasses
- 2 pairs of gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for the climb, normal ski gloves for downhill
- Headgear (under the helmet) with moisture transport
- Clothing in the multi-layer principle with moisture transport
- Lightweight waterproof and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks (possibly inserts) and interchangeable pair
- Lightweight waterproof and windproof ski touring pants
- 20-28 liter (touring) backpack
- Lip care (SPF 30+)
- Sufficient provisions and drinking water
- First aid kit with bladder patch
- Bladder patches
- Bivouac Bag/Survival Bag
- space blanket
- pocket knife
- Signal whistle
- mobile phone
- Navigation device/map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- identity card
- Touring ski boots
- Tour binding suitable for the ski boot
- Skins suitable for touring skis
- (Telescopic) ski poles
- Avalanche equipment: avalanche transceiver, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Harsh iron
- Rescue equipment for crevasse recovery
- High-speed belt
- Light ice axe
- High-speed rope
- Avalanche airbag backpack
This equipment list does not claim to be exhaustive and only serves as a suggestion of what should be packed.
For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions for proper use and maintenance of your device.
Please make sure that your equipment complies with local laws and does not contain any prohibited items.
Arrival by public transport only possible up to Bergün station. Then 30min. walk to the starting point of the tour.
The local taxi service Mountain Tours will be happy to take you to the starting point. Tel. 078 680 35 00
Responsible for this content Bergün Filisur Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.