Lavin – Guarda: Short but promising
Show all 5 images
From the station we start in the direction of the church to the eastern exit of the village. A subway leads safely under the railway line and Engadin road. With a steady incline up to the first hill, where the path splits. Both paths lead to Guarda, the one on the left continues on a steady incline, the one on the right goes straight ahead, flat at first and following the slope in a few bends, before it then joins the upper winter hiking trail again via a larger incline. Almost exactly halfway between Lavin and Guarda (after the short forest section) you pass through the former settlement of Gonda. After another ascent over the terraced slopes, the trail turns left to the bridge over the Clozza mountain stream, which at this point also forms the municipal boundary between the two large municipalities of Zernez and Scuol. Soon afterwards you reach the road and the entrance to Guarda. The PostBus stop is reached by turning left at the church.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- From Lavin station to the churchTake the subway and branch off to the right
- Follow the path until after the farmhouses
- At the junction you can take both pathsFollow path to Gonda and turn left into the valley, following the Clozza
- Cross the bridge and continue on the forest road towards Guarda
- The last stretch on the road to Guarda
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau, from the Upper Engadine or Scuol) hourly to Lavin
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria towards St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Lavin is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (2 minutes drive from Veraina south portal)
- Paid parking at the railway station in Lavin.
Responsible for this content: Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.