Winter Valley Hike
Show all 4 images
Along the Schergenbach through the five fractions of Samnaun.
PostBus stop Samnaun Dorf, Post
PostBus stop Samnaun-Laret, junction
For the first 300 meters you walk along the sidewalk along the valley road. After the small bridge, turn left down to the Schergenbach. Passing the sports field you reach Samnaun-Ravaisch and the valley station of the double-decker cable railway. To the left you will see the Schergenbach, to the right the mixed forest with larches and pines. In Samnaun-Plan there is also the valley museum Chasa Raetica, presumably the oldest building in the Samnaun valley dating from the 16th century. Immediately after leaving the village you walk past the approximately 50 bee colonies of the Samnaun beekeeper. You will reach your destination of Samnaun-Laret after about an hour.
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the status messages in Winter sports report. The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current snow and weather conditions must be taken into account before the start.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency number
High and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, sun protection, hiking poles.
Start PostBus stop Samnaun-Dorf, next to the guest information Samnaun. Follow the path along the stream to Samnaun-Lart.
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
- Continue by PostBus (from Scuol-Tarasp, or Martina, cunfin) every hour to PostBus stop Samnaun Dorf, Riva
- In Samnaun during the day hourly access with the Samnaunbus
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains). Then take H27 in the direction of Scuol and Martina to Vinadi. At the vinadi junction to Samnaun (approx. 1 hour from Vereina südportal)
- From the east: via the Inntalstrasse B180 via Landeck to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on B180 to Pfunds, junction Kajetansbrücke and via Spiss to Samnaun.
- Free parking in Samnaun village (Chasa Riva, Musella or Votlas)
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.