Ruin Viamala

Burgruine Alt Sins

Ruine Alt Sins im Sommer
Burgruine Alt Sins

Show all 4 images

Paspels mit Ruine Alt Sins
The ruins of the four-storey residential tower are a striking eye-catcher and a landmark of Paspels.


The castle, which was probably built at the end of the 12th century, was originally the seat of a small manor that grew out of The Paspel's court and appeared in the 13th century in the possession of the Lords of Vaz. The castle itself was first mentioned in a document in 1285. After the extinction of the Vaz in the male tribe, it goes with the rule to the Werdenberg-Sargans.

In the Schams feud of 1451, Alt-Süns was demolished and subsequently rebuilt; however, it probably fell into disrepair at the beginning of the 16th century. Today, the ruins of a four-storey residential tower with Bering still stand. The entrance was on the second floor, the abortion bays are on the third and fourth floors.


Alt Sins is privately owned. The facility is located directly on the Burgenweg Domleschg and is accessible at your own risk. The way up to the ruins begins in the Vitg (location Google Maps).

Opening hours

The ruin is freely accessible.


Public Transport

Paspels is easily accessible by PostBus. Further information and timetable information can be found at


On the A13 southbound, take exit 20-Rothenbrunnen. Then turn left and follow the main road to Paspels. The ascent to the ruin begins in the Vitg (Location Google Maps).


Free parking opposite the Denner at the entrance to the village in Paspels.


Responsible for this content Viamala Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.