Sehenswürdigkeit Val Surses Savognin Bivio
Burgruine Marmels in Marmorera
The founding period of the fortress Marmels is estimated to be the 11th century. It is assumed that Andreas von Marmels was minister of the Bishop of Chur and thus supervised the routes over the Septimer and Julier passes. The castle was owned by Andreas von Marmels. Unusually, the castle remained in the possession of the same family for a long time. In 1550, the castle had its last documentary mention when Rudolf Marmels sold the castle to his nephew. According to oral tradition, it was not until 1905 that an earthquake destroyed the palace with its four floors. It is also interesting that the von Marmels family did not die out like so many others, but their descendants still live here in the region today under the name Demarmels. The castle can be reached from the dam via a narrow, steep path, which is only recommended for experienced mountaineers. If the ground is wet, it is strongly discouraged to walk on it.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.