Chapel San Bernardino Mesolcina Calanca
Cappella Santa Maria Assunta (Sorte)
On October 7, 1611, the Chapel of Sorte was consecrated in honor of the Assumption of Mary into heaven.
The sacristy dates back to 1656. If the bell dated 1526 does not come from another church, it is likely that a chapel already existed before, which was later replaced. The last restoration was in 1960. The bell tower is sailing. The façade is frescoed in Savrapposti registers in compositions finished with a tympanum, executed in 1611 by the same artist from Cabbiolo: Maria Assunta flanked on the right by women kneeling with Santa Margherita and on the left by San Giorgio; on high the blessing Eternal Father.
Responsible for this content Ente Turistico Regionale del Moesano San Bernardino, Mesolcina, Calanca.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.