Chapel Surselva

Chapel of St. Valentin, Cartatscha

Description

According to Father Placidus à Spescha, the chapel built on the site of a small sanctuary was consecrated on June 26, 1706 by Father Johannes von Castelberg with episcopal authority.   Description of the building Small, south-facing chapel with a vaulted choir closed on three sides. Above the nave is a barrel-shaped wooden ceiling, gabled roof with shingled ridge turret. Wall paintings Scenes from the Passion. The marbled stucco altar is a simple, two-column aedicule. The altarpiece, dated 1706, depicts the Madonna of the Rosary with St. Sebastian and St. Valentine. Carved rococo antependium.

Opening hours

No hours information available.

Contact

Chapel of St. Valentin, Cartatscha

Responsible for this content: Surselva Tourism.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.