Chapel Surselva

Chapel of St. Valentin, Ruschein

Description

Built around 1730, small field chapel east of Ruschein on the footpath to Ladir, consisting of a nave covered with a latticed cross vault and a barrel-vaulted altar niche. Gabled roof. Decorative wooden altar with twisted columns and curved gable. Altarpiece: St. Valentine with the epileptic. Side figures: St. Roch and Sebastian, God the Father in the gable. Good carved antependium with régence decoration and the bust of St. Valentin, around 1730 - 1740, like the altar.

(Text recorded by: Regiun Surselva)

Restoration 2005-2010 by the architect Gion A. Caminada.

Contact

Chapel of St. Valentin, Ruschein

Mulin, 7154 Ruschein

Responsible for this content: Surselva Tourism.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.