Source Engadin Samnaun Val Müstair
Show all 3 images
The information board is located near the so-called «Squirrel Fountain», from which the Clozza mineral water gushes. The actual spring is located a few hundred metres into the valley in the Clozza Gorge. The spring intake was renovated in 2005 and then fitted with a viewing window and lighting.
Calcium Ca2+: 346 mg/l
Magnesium Mg2+: 47 mg/l
Iron Fe2+: 4 mg/l
Hydrogen carbonate HCO3-: 1160 mg/l
Sulphate SO42-: 109 mg/l
The mineral water of the Clozza spring is accessible without barriers at the «Squirrel Fountain», but the spring itself is not.
On site at the springs the information is given in Romansh and German. The information in English can be downloaded here. Alternatively, a printed version is available from the Scuol visitor information centre.
Not accessible in snow
- Take the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), which leaves hourly from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau and Upper Engadin, and get out at Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by Postbus to the stop Scuol, Ospidal/Spital
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters on the car transporter train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga – Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Lower Engadin on the H27
- From the east: via Landeck/Austria towards St. Moritz on the H27
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders – Martina) or the Ofen Pass (Val Müstair – Zernez) on the H27
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.