Church Surselva

Evangelische Kirche S. Gieri, Castrisch

img_4kq_cdjicdie
<a href='https://www.nordlichtphoto.com'>www.nordlichtphoto.com/</a>

Show all 7 images

<a href='https://www.nordlichtphoto.com'>www.nordlichtphoto.com/</a>
The Evangelical Church of S. Gieri is located in Castrisch. In the evening the church is closed. During the day the church is open.

Description

History

First mention in the Carolingian ImperialGuturbar of about 840. The Romanesque period probably includes the tower, the 12th century and the eastern parts of the nave. At the end of the 14th century, the tower was raised. In the second half of the 15th century new construction of the choir and the sacristy.

Building description

A square choir adjoins the nave to the northeast in the same width, over which a diamond vault, 15th century. The ship shows unusual proportions. The stitch arch ceiling, the shape of all windows and the round-arched entrances in the west and south date from more recent times, 1817.

The Romanesque tower stands on the north side of the nave. The first four floors through blind niches with three-part round arch friezes. The panels on the upper floor were apparently destroyed during the redesign of the round-arched sound windows, 14th century onion-shaped helmet, 18th century. The sacristy is located on the north side of the choir, barrel vaults, windows and doors in Gothic style.
Bells with inscriptions 1376, 1399 Italian form of bells.
Gothic grave tablets with inscriptions, 1427.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.