Historic sites Heidiland

House of General Friedrich Schmid

img_4kq_gefacefi
img_4kq_gefacegb

Show all 6 images

img_4kq_gefacege
17th/18th c.; Eastern core structure 1684-86; Western part around 1750

House of General Friedrich Schmid

Kirchgasse 1, 7208 Malans

Description

Like a mighty barrier, the baroque building stands at the southern entrance of the village centre under its hipped roof. The eastern part was built by the v. Salis family, the western part for Christian Friedrich Schmid. Inside: Carved panelling, large living room with Swiss stone pine wood and oven (Vorarlberg), salon with rich stucco ceiling. Auxiliary building: Baker's house (Pfisteri) adjoining the vineyard in the south.

Map

Responsible for this content Heidiland Tourismus.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.