Chapel Surselva

Kapelle der schmerzhaften Muttergottes, Pigniu

The Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows is located between Rueun and Pigniu. This chapel is not freely accessible.

Kapelle der schmerzhaften Muttergottes, Pigniu

Description

The building: The chapel was benedicted in 1735. Northeast-facing building with square choir. Above the nave two-bay barrel with stitch caps, in the choir a ridged cross vault. Exposure is provided by square windows and oculi. West entrance. Above the uniform gable roof rises a light roof rider with an onion-shaped hood. Rural painting on the choir arch and vault, dated 1776. Baroque altar with a late Gothic predella. The Suffering Christ, whose pierced hands are held up by Mary and John (c. 1490-1500).
Bell without inscription and date.

(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.