Chapel Disentis Sedrun

Kapelle St. Michael, Campieschas

Das Foto zeigt die Kapelle St. Michael in Camieschas
The chapel of St. Michael stands on a meadow on the way to Campieschas. It was built in 1669 according to an inscription on the façade.

Description

The north façade was painted with coloured wall frescoes. Among the benefactors of the small church was Landammann Adalbert Maissen, who donated the altarpiece with a personal dedication. The chapel was restored in 1968. The two bells were stolen in 2010. To replace them, a collection campaign has been started. This went so well that it was even enough for an exterior renovation. The roof was covered with shingles and the façade and murals were restored. The one-room chapel with barrel vault is 4.7 meters long and 3.25 meters wide, and faces south. The chapel has an open roof rider with an octagonal pointed helmet. The altarpiece depicts the Holy Family with St. Michael. See Michael and Saint Fidelis for more pictures.

Map

Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.