Chapel Disentis Sedrun

Kapelle St. Nikolaus, Tschamut

Kapelle St. Nikolaus


History: The St. Nicholas Chapel, as the ceiling shows, was built around 1500 at the latest. On September 8, 1658, a new consecration took place, which must have been preceded by a reconstruction. Apparently, the nave was raised at that time and the choir itself was rebuilt. specifications: To the northeast of the rectangular nave is the retracted, irregular polygonal choir, which opens in an unfasted arc to the nave.  It is vaulted by a barrel adapted to the polygon with stitch caps. Above the nave there is a late Gothic ceiling. During the renovation of 1933, wall paintings from two stages were exposed. To the right of the choir arch is the figure of a saint, in a brown coat with chalice, probably St. John Ev. In the shields of the choir four scenes from the legend of St. Niklaus. equipment: The altar was redacted in 1933. The figure of Our Lady, around 1710. On the north wall, a statue of St. Nicholas from the late Gothic high altar. Bells: With inscriptions, 1500 and 1689.


Public Transport

By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to the Tschamut train station. On foot 10 minutes


By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Tschamut. The Oberalp Pass is closed in winter.


Parking possible at the Hotel Rheinquelle (in case of consumption)


Kapelle St. Nikolaus, Tschamut

Tschamut, 7189 Rueras

Responsible for this content: Sedrun Disentis Tourism SA.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.