Kapelle St. Sebastian Miraniga, Obersaxen
Show all 3 images
The imposing chapel of Miraniga is built on a rock. Right next to it is the restaurant Stai.
The building: The chapel was built in 1668. A building facing northeast with a retracted, three-sided closed, vaulted choir. In the ship Holztonne. Stitched arch windows and bezel. West entrance. The gable roof with an open roof rider crowned by a slender, octagonal pointed helmet.
Murals in the choir. On the side of the choir arch and in its support the mysteries of the Rosary are visible.
The altarpiece depicts St. Sebastian and Carlo Boromeo, 1688. On the north wall a good picture with Our Lady between St. Peter and Paul, in the middle of the 17th century
bells with inscriptions 1743 and 1669.
(Recorded by: Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.