Kirche Sogn Gion, Camuns
Show all 6 images
The church is open daily from 09.00 - 17.00.
The first building was built around 1597. From 1696 to 1700, a new building was built and inaugurated in 1704.
The church faces northeast and consists of a two-bay nave and two side chapels, as well as a square choir. The current sacristy on the west side of the choir is identical to that of the first church. The tower stands on the south side of the choir and has an octagonal pointed helmet.
Stuccoes and murals: On the cornice to the side of the chapel sit angels made of stucco. The images of the ship's vault represent the Immaculata and St. Anthony Abbot.
High altar with fluted columns and sharp-edged acantal leaves dated around 1700 as well as a tabernacle in temple form, dated 1725. The altars in the chapels are composed as counterparts.
Bells by Gebr. Grassmayr in Buchs, 1910.
(Text entered by: Regiun Surselva)
Responsible for this content Surselva Tourismus AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.