Church Val Surses Savognin Bivio

Kirche Son Mitgel

Kirche Son Mitgel
The tower between the choir and the nave: substructure from the Romanesque period. Bell floor with pilasters and pointed helmet give it the elegance of the baroque Campanile.


The ship's dome closes in a lantern.

On the site of today's St. Michael's Church, there were already two medieval predecessor buildings. The current building was built between 1658 and 1663 and was built by Father Francesco da Vigevano. On June 22, 1663, the Bishop of Chur, Ulrich VI de Mont, consecrated the new church and consecrated it to the Archangel Michael. Throughout the Middle Ages, Michael appeared as the protector of the pious souls and their bodies to be welcomed into the place of the blessed. Since Son Mitgel served from the beginning as a chaplaincy and as a funeral church, the patronage of St. Michael seems obvious.


Public Transport

By PostBus from Chur to Savognin or by train from Chur to Tiefencastel. From there take the PostBus to Savognin.


By car via Thusis to Savognin.


At the mountain railways or at the Volg Son Mitgel.


Responsible for this content: Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.