Museum Disentis Sedrun
In the former chapter house, we show you sacred works of art that are otherwise hidden in sacristies. The oldest altarpieces, robes and statues date back to around 1200.
A second room gives an overview of the history of Disentis Abbey. Witnesses include the early medieval stucco fragments, the first mitre of a Disentis abbot or a folio with Gregorian chorale melodies.
Further focal points of the exhibition
- Textiles with treasures from the 14th–19th centuries
- folklore objects from Christian customs from the nativity scene to the grave cross
- Flora and fauna (with prepared animals)
daily from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
The same opening hours apply to the Stiva Sogn Placi and the monastery shop
By train from Andermatt over the Oberalp Pass or from Chur via Ilanz to Disentis
By car from Andermatt over the Oberalp Pass or from Chur via Ilanz to Disentis. The Oberalp Pass has a winter closure
Parking near the monastery (for a fee)
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.