Alpine Pass Disentis Sedrun
The name Lukmanier is derived from the Latin lucus magnus, the "great forest".
The discovery of a Roman coin treasure near Malvaglia indicates that the pass was already passed at that time. It experienced its first heyday in the Frankish Empire, when the monastery of Disentis was founded at the beginning of the 8th century. In 1374, the monastery built a hospice dedicated to St. Mary below the top of the pass. In 1964, the hospice and chapel had to give way to the reservoir. Both were rebuilt on the pass road. The new hospice was inaugurated on August 1, 1965.
By Postbus from Disentis to the top of the pass (mid-June to mid-October)
By car from Disentis to the top of the pass
Parking at the hospice (free of charge)
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.