The Rose Hill looks back on a long and gloomy past: As early as the 14th century, the hill at the foot of the Pizokel was used - but not for recreation, but as a place of execution. In 1836, the gallows were dismantled. Soon after, the hill was to be given new life and it was opened and made accessible around 1850 as the first public landscape park. Where once judged, colorful flowers bloom today and in the place where the executions took place, a fountain bubbles peacefully. Located just above the city, the park offers a beautiful panoramic view over Chur and the surrounding area.
The Rosenhügel is accessible via the Malixerstrasse (between Obertor-Kreisel and Restaurant Rosenhügel), once directly opposite the Restaurant Rosenhügel and once halfway between the roundabout and the restaurant.
Responsible for this content Chur Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.