Info Point Viamala
Around 1695 it was built by Johann Viktor Travers von Ortenstein (1646–1725), most likely over a predecessor building. This conversion is probably still based on today's overall disposition of the plant. Angelika Kauffmann painted a portrait of Anton von Salis-Soglio here in 1757. The last major renovation took place in 1892/93 under Meta von Juvalt married to Colonel Friedrich von Tscharner (owner of Ortenstein) with a redesign of the exterior. At that time, the sgraffiti in a kind of Graubünden Art Nouveau style and the polygonal tower with hood and lantern on the west side were created. The architect was Nicolaus Hartmann sen. from St. Moritz. In 1911 the castle passed to Minister Ferdinand von Salis-Soglio. More recently, it has been known as the "Swiss Historic Hotel" for several years.
Sins Castle is privately owned and is not open to the public. The complex is located directly on the Burgenweg Domleschg.
Responsible for this content: Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.