Show all 4 images
Schloss Paspels was probably built by Jahn Victor von Travers-Ortenstein around 1695. Parts of the main tract probably date from this time, but they can no longer be separated. Around 1730, the son of the builder of the same name seems to have carried out a comprehensive reconstruction. This conversion is probably the basis of the overall disposition of today's facility, especially the staircase. It is considered the presumed birthplace of Pompejus Planta, who became known as an adversary of Jürg Jenatsch.
Further alterations were carried out by Lieutenant General Victor von Travers, who also had the chapel built on 25 April 1760 in honour of the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. The last major renovation took place in 1892/93 under Colonel Freidrich von Tscharner (later on Ortenstein) with a redesign of the exterior. The architect was Nicolaus Hartmann sen., St. Moritz. In 1911 ownership was transferred to Minister F. von Salis-Soglio. Until 2012, Sins Castle was run as a hotel.
Sins Castle is privately owned and is not open to the public. The facility is located directly on the Burgenweg Domleschg.
Sins Castle is privately owned. It is not open to the public.
Responsible for this content Viamala Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.