Historische Stätte Disentis Sedrun

Tenigerbad, Val Sumvitg

Aufnahme des Tenigerbads in Val Sumvitg.
Seitenaufnahme des Tenigerbads in Val Sumvitg.

Show all 4 images

Alte Zeichnung des Tenigerbads.

The bath was first mentioned in 1580 and was used by the inhabitants of the municipality of Sumvitg.


In 1670,

district judge Clau Maissen bought the bath and built the chapel (1674) and a bathhouse. In 1908, the large main building was inaugurated. With the outbreak of the First World War, the heyday of the Tenigerbad came to an end. German prisoners of war were interned in the hotel complexes in the summer of 1917. After the 2nd World War until 1950, the hotels were used for family holidays and as a holiday colony for children. In 1974, the newly built facilities (hotel with 150 beds and three bathrooms) were opened under the name "Tenigerbad im Somvixertal". After only three years of operation, the hotel and the spas were closed and the facilities remain empty to this day.

Entering the complex is strictly forbidden!


Responsible for this content Surselva Tourism.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.