Culture has been pulsating in the heart of the Surselva since summer 2010. The Cinema sil Plaz in Ilanz, a cinema where not only popcorn is eaten and films are consumed.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
Parish church of St. Peter and Paul Meierhof, Obersaxen
Although this late Gothic building was damaged in the village fire of 1740, it was essentially preserved until 1904. The entire complex was then rebuilt with the exception of the tower.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
The church is located on the main road, in the center of the small village of Peiden. It was built in the early 18th century. After a fire in 1896, it was enlarged during restoration. Key available.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
The chapel in an open field and without a cemetery is remarkable in many respects. Four of the famous artists who worked in the area have left their mark. The chapel is not open to the public.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
The oldest records about the parish church of Sumvitg date back to the ninth and tenth centuries. At that time, the church was dedicated to Saint Columban. Emperor Charlemagne (+814) donated the church to the successor of Bishop Tello, who in turn bequeathed the church to the Disentis Abbey. A new building and three altars were consecrated on June 13, 1633.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
On the Staviala Vedra alp above Lumbrein, the old alpine hut is furnished as it was 100 years ago. Find out more about alpine farming and cheese production many years ago.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}
In 1998 Vrin received the Wakker Prize for the exemplary classification of new agricultural buildings in the villagescape. Because of their decentralized location outside the village, the local architect G.A. Caminada was looking for ways to give the buildings a reference to the core village. He found them in the material: of course in the ubiquitous wood, but also in the quarry stone, which can be found everywhere in the village.
Now open bis ${formattedHours.closesAtString}
Closed
Opens again on ${formattedHours.nextOpening.opensAtString}