S-charl – God da Tamangur – Alp Astras – Lü
Show all 5 images
«Tamangur» – the fairytale name of the highest Swiss stone pine forest in Europe – crowns the hiking day. Pleasant ascent from the idyllic village of S-charl past Alp Astras over the old Pass da Costainas to Lü.
PostBus Stop S-charl
PostBus Stop S-charl
On contemplative alpine and pass trails – From the bus stop in the middle of the small mountain village of S-charl (at 1,800 metres above sea level) the trail climbs evenly through the highest pine forest in Europe and past Alp Astras to Pass da Costainas (at 2251 metres above sea level). Short steep descent to Alp Champatsch. The alpine buildings of Champatsch were rebuilt in 1986; the old houses from 1825 are now located at the Open-Air Museum Ballenberg. A steady descent to Lü follows.
A visit to the Museum Schmelzra with its bear exhibition is very rewarding. The experience-oriented exhibition gives an insight into the past, the way of life, the biology and the return of the brown bears. It is especially suited for children. https://www.nationalpark.ch/en/visit/schmelzra-museum/bear-exhibition/ On the adjacent bear adventure trail, 9 interactive stations amaze young and old and provide practical tips on how to behave in a bear area. https://www.nationalpark.ch/en/visit/educational-trails/bear-discovery-trail/
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Good shoes, rain and sun protection, water bottle, first aid kit
left through the Swiss stone pine forest Tamangur
Pass da Costainas
- Mit der Rhätischen Bahn (von Chur, Landquart/Prättigau oder aus dem Oberengadin) stündlich bis Bahnhof Scuol-Tarasp
- Weiter mit dem PostAuto bis zur PostAuto-Haltestelle S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on the H27, as far as Scuol and then towards S-charl.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Reschenpass, after Martina on the H27 to Crusch, as far as Scuol and then in the direction of S-charl.
- From the south: via Reschenpass to Martina, then towards St. Moritz on the H27 to Scuol and then towards S-charl.
S-charl, parking spaces at the entrance to the village
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.