S-charl – Val Mora – S-charl
Show all 6 images
Challenging all-mountain round trip from Val S-charl via Ofen Pass through the picturesque Val Mora and back
Various highlights of the region combined in one tour. The start is in the mountain village of S-charl, which can be reached by post bus from May to October. Past the pine forest God da Tamangur and alpine pastures it goes to Alp Astras, where the first steep climb including a short but worthwhile carrying passage awaits you. Once at the top, you can enjoy a breathtaking view over the mountains of Val S-charl to Val Müstair. Continue on a single trail passage (occasionally up to approx. S3-4) to Alp da Munt. Afterwards comfortably via forest path and short section over the Ofenpasstrasse to the top of the pass. Now the endurance is tested: downhill to Buffalora and immediately uphill again steeply via Alp Buffalora to the next hill, past the small mountain hut "Chamanna Marangun" everything towards Alp Mora. Here the picturesque high valley «Val Mora» opens up, quiet, original and surrounded by imposing mountains.
pass at the Hotel Süsom Givé (e-mountain bikers can recharge their batteries there if necessary)
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency number
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers. The Graubünden mountain bike routes run to a large extent on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have priority.
Helmet, gloves, good footwear, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, bandages
Munt - Ofenpass - Buffalora - Alp Buffalora - Alp Mora - Alp Sprella - Val Vau - Valchava - Fuldera - Tschierv - Lü - Pass da Costainas - Alp Astras - S-charl
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp station
Then by post bus from Scuol-Tarasp to S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car train through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27, to Scuol
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Reschenpass, after Martina on the H27 to SCuol
- From the south: via Reschenpass to Martina, then direction St. Moritz on the H27 to Scuol
Paid parking in Scuol train station, Gurlaina or at the end of the village at Manaröl
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.