San Niclà – Sclamischot
The snow crunches beneath us and we sink in. However, not as far as we are used to with normal winter shoes in deep snow. Our somewhat oversized shoes, the «snowshoes», allow us to hike through the most remote side valleys.
Leisurely snowshoe tour with an easy ascent to the foot of the Mot da Lita leading through the forest to Slamischot.
- Snowshoe trails are not prepared and signalled
- Ravitschals, Piz Lad, Piz Nair wildlife rest area: 20.12 - 20.4
This tour can be combined with a visit to the Romanesque church of San Niclà, dating back to 1200.
Snowshoe tours are undertaken at your own responsibility. The route is not signalled and not groomed. We recommend consulting the avalanche report (www.slf.ch) before starting the tour. In addition, the game rest zones must be observed.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Snowshoe equipment, high and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun protection.
- By train (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) to Scuol-Tarasp.
- By post bus from Scuol in the direction of Martina. Stop Strada i. E., San Niclà
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- By car from Scuol in the direction of Martina. Turn right over the bridge to San Niclà
- Parking available in front of the bridge and on road
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.