Strada – Chaflur – Martina
Beautiful winter hikes from Strada via Chaflur to Martin with views of the Piz Lad as well as the Tyrolean Schmalzkopf.
The winter hiking trail starts directly behind the school building in Strada. Be careful on the stretch between Strada and Chaflur, as sledders may come your way. After Chaflur, continue uphill to the small hamlet of Chasura. From here, the massive Piz Lad accompanies you on the other side of the valley on a steady up and down towards Martina. After a bend in the path, Piz Lad disappears from view and the dominant Tyrolean Schmalzkopf towers in front of you from now on. Soon you can see the first houses of Martina in the valley below. After crossing the stream, you reach the first turnoff towards Martina.
If you take this, you will pass the pretty little Reformed church that towers over the village of Martina and walk a little further through Martina to the bus stop. Otherwise, at the fork, you can continue straight ahead along the dirt road, over Martina and above the customs house down to the village and almost directly to the bus stop.
The Engadin Scuol Zernez holiday region has a lot to offer. We reveal our absolute insider tips at engadin.com/secret-tips, but shhh...!
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please note the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
High and sturdy hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothing, sun cream, sunglasses, sunscreen, hiking poles.
- Schoolhouse in Strada
- Further ascent to the small hamlet of Chasura
- Direction Martina
- Cross the stream
- First turn-off towards Martina or straight ahead along the dirt track,
- above the customs house down to the village, to the bus stop
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp.
- By PostBus from Scuol, staziun direction Martina, to Strada
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
- Parking spaces at the Strada school
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.